In only a few short months –just under three, to be exact– I cashed out a total of $62.18 from doing the simplest things like taking one-question multiple choice polls and ‘checking in’ at local businesses. Now, after 8 months of using this app, I have reached over $120 in points and have made $112.18 in total cash-outs!
Nickels in a jar really do add up if you save a handful a day!
Would you like to find out more about WeReward?
Read on, my friends!
Requirements for using WeReward
- You need to have an iPhone or an Android phone to be able to use the WeReward app to make money.
- You must have a PayPal account. This is currently the only way to be paid through WeReward. **IMPORTANT** Create your account with WeReward using the same email address that is associated with your PayPal account.
- You must also have a Facebook account, Foursquare account, or a Twitter account.
How Does WeReward Work?
WeReward is a mobile marketing app. This means that advertisers and businesses sponsor the tasks you complete and pay you to use your social networking accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, and Foursquare to help create a buzz for their business.
I should note that, while linking the WeReward app to one of the above social media accounts is a requirement to signing up for WeReward, you still have the choice whether or not you choose to ‘post’ each and every activity to your account’s feed. That is to say, at each check-in or task completed, you will have the option to share the completed activity with your account’s associated friends…or not…and points earned are not affected by your choice to ‘share’ your activity.
You will also be given the option to rate the activity or the related business upon your completion of each task. Points earned are not affected by your rating or by choosing not to rate the business.
Watch the video below for an excellent overview of the way the WeReward app works!
There are three types of rewards to earn with WeReward:
- Location Based Rewards: These are check-ins that must be completed within a certain distance from the given task. Your device’s location services will scan for tasks within range for you to choose from.
- Task Based Rewards: Tasks based on completing things like surveys or trying products and submitting photos that are not tied to a specific location.
- Referral Points: Like most programs of this nature, you earn points for referring friends! Here is my referral link, if you sign up, I get points too!
Things you’ll want to know if you choose to sign up
- The cash-out threshold for WeReward is $10.00 (or 1000 points. Each point is worth 1¢). HOWEVER, new accounts are placed on a 14-day hold, so even if you reach the $10.00 mark before this period is over, you will be unable to cash out. You will receive a frustratingly generic message like ‘Cash-out cannot be completed at this time’ with no explanation, so before you go panicking and throwing things across the room…relax, be patient. You will get your money. You just have to wait 2 weeks. After this newbie waiting period, you may cash out any time you have over 1000 points in your account.
- WeReward’s customer service is very helpful and friendly! I know this because I submitted a support ticket when I was first unable to cash out my new account (yes, I actually made over $20 in the first 2 weeks of using the app!). They were patient, kind, and helpful…even though I felt that they could have done a better job giving more information ahead of time about why I was unable to cash out and could have avoided a support ticket request from me in the first place.
- WeReward has very generous ‘level-up’ points. They give what they call ‘Customer Love’ appreciation points, which of course translate into $$$: You get rewards for reaching 100, 200, 500, and 1000 check-ins, etc. etc. Mybonus for completing 1000 check-ins was 400 points ($4.00)!
- Many of the ‘location based’ tasks ask you to submit a photo of yourself at their location, with their logo in the photo for example. This type of check-in can take up to 48 hours to credit to your account, as they have to be verified, but you get 25-50 points (or cents) for each one completed.
- Simple check-ins credit your points almost immediately. You can opt for this simple ‘geo check-in’ which can be accessed by swiping your finger across the listed task (instead of pressing the check-in button). Points offered are MUCH lower for these simple check-ins (1 or 5 points each). Also, simple check-ins canbe completed anywhere within 1 mile of the location, so you don’t even have to actually go in to get the points (good to know, eh?)
- For location-based tasks, there is a waiting period of 15 minutes between check-ins. A few businesses may also choose to limit the number of check-ins you can make within a certain time period; a clock icon will show next to a point box that will read ‘0 points’ until the waiting period is over.
Ready to get started and earn some money?
Thank you for reading about how to earn extra cash and make money with your Apple iPhone or Android phone with WeReward. Sign up for WeReward and start earning today!
You may also be interested in learning more about another app like WeReward called AppRedeem where you can also make money for downloading and rating apps with your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or Android phone!