It’s that time again; Apple has announced the release of the new iPhone 5 and people will be lining up on September 21st at Apple stores around the world to fork over their hard earned cash for the latest and greatest in smartphone technology. Starting today (9.14.12), you can pre-order your iPhone 5 from Apple’s website and get free shipping (limit 2 per customer).
Don’t forget to check back here often for the latest coolest cases for the new iPhone 5!
iPhone 5 pricing:
Prices for the new iPhone 5 without a contract are as follows: 16GB iPhone 5 at $649, the 32GB at $749, and the top of the line model 64GB at $849. If you’re due for an upgrade and sign a new 2 year contract, your price drops to $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB, and $399 for the 32GB iPhone 5.
Read on if you haven’t seen all the awesome new features the newest Apple product will provide.
iPhone 5 features:
• The newest iPhone boasts a new design, which is 20% lighter and 18% thinner than the 4S model, with a larger display (4 inches). The already impressive Retina display has been given a boost, so you get even better resolution and color saturation for more vivid images in photos, videos, and your favorite games.
The new iPhone 5 is the same width as the 4S so it’s just as easy to hold and type with one hand as before. The larger home screen allows for an extra row of icons, so each screen will show up to 20 app icons at a time instead of 16.
A new beveled edge adds a little more sex appeal to the already hot & heavy aesthetics of the gadget, and you will be able to choose from a black and slate or a white and silver color combos for your gorgeous new smartphone.
• Faster Performance. The new A6 chip promises to be up to twice as fast as the iPhone 4S’s A5 processor, so you see visible differences in web page and email attachment load time as well as less lag time when launching an app. You’ll also notice the difference in graphic intensive games thanks to a higher frame rate… and all this without sacrificing the life of the battery. In fact,
• Improved Battery Life is another feature of the new iPhone 5. The new A6 chip is designed to work with the operating system (the new iOS6) for more efficient power use.Even with the improvements in performance and graphics speed, you’ll still enjoy up to 8 hours of browsing on a cellular connection, up to 8 hours of talk time, and up to 10 hours of video playback time.
• Better Camera. It’s hard to imagine, but the new iSight camera on the iPhone 5 will be even better than the 4S version. Not only will you have better low-light performance, faster photo capture and improved noise reduction, but a new feature for taking Panoramic photos, Face-Time without a Wi-Fi connection, and more HD video features (like the ability to capture a photo while simultaneously recording video!)
• New Earbud Design for better sound, comfort, and more secure fit.
Watch the official iPhone 5 Trailer below!